Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Finale 2012 and Special Edition

Hi,

I've managed to load some VI in finale and I've downloaded the hp preferences file.

Finale is playing through Vienna instruments but I can't change the articulation (I've loaded a violin matrix)

Where do I find basic instructions in order to use this? is there a video or something?

Thanks in advance,

• Hello Kobe!

With the Human Playback Preferences comes a readme file. You can find instructions how to set up our instruments with Finale and how to use the Human Playback Preferences file there.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Andi,

Well, if you are refering to the text below.1) It's not very informative and 2) I've already done this and my question is about what to do next in order to change the articulations.

This is an empty Finale file with Human Playback Settings for the Vienna Special Edition. It does not work with other collections. These settings will take care of Keyswitches automatically, when you change articulations. It also works with Finale 2010.

1. Open or start a new Finale document. You don't have to open F2009+VSL-SE_HumanPlayback.MUS, because you can import the settings to your own documents.

2.Mac: In MIDI/Audio/Instrument Setup/Audio Units Instruments choose Vienna Enemble. The Vienna Ensemble window, where you can load your instruments, will open automatically. Also make sure that in the MIDI/Audio menu "Play Finale through Audio Units" is activated.

3. To import the settings in your Finale score, go to MIDI/Audio/Human Playback/Human Playback Preferences and click Import. Then choose the F2009+VSL-SE_HumanPlayback.MUS file.

4. Open the Vienna Ensemble window, make the same channel settings as in Finale and load the matrices of the instruments from your score.

• Hi Kobe!

Yes, I was refering to this text. You can change articulations with notation marks (slurs, staccato marks, tremolo marks, pizz).

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I can hear vienna but articulations don't change. I've loaded vienna instruments not vienna ensemble

• also I've tried with vienna ensemble....

• Hi Kobe!

It is recommended to create your instruments with the Setup Wizard. Otherwise Finale may not recognize which instrument(s) you have in your score and therefore send no switches. Also take care that the Human Playback Preferences for the Special Edition are active.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • It was that ! thanks.

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on