Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,282 users have contributed to 42,390 threads and 255,480 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

  • Percussion changes on computer upgrade with Vienna SE and Finale2010

    Hi,
       I upgraded to a new computer. Things are working fine with Vienna SE and Finale 2010 except for this: Percussion tracks for files that were written on the old computer play different sounds when they're played back on the new computer. For example, I have a file where the old computer has a low gong, but on the new computer, it comes out as a very high-pitched going. I think somehow the mapping of the percussion instruments is different. Why is this happening, and how do I resolve it?
       I also notice that on a particular file where I tried to add a note to a cymbal/gong staff, Finale crashed every time I tried, so I had to create a new staff for cymbals/gongs. I'm wondering if this is related.
       Thanks for your help.

  • Never mind, I answered my own question. I had forgotten the step about copying the XML file to a different spot. It's working now...sorry about the false alarm. :)

  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on