Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• How to install Appassionata Strings?

Could someone kindly explain to me the steps needed to properly install Appassionata Strings 1 to my Mac Pro OS 10.6.8 for use with my Sibelius 7? The information on how to do this seems to be all over the place and the same with the proper software needed. One confusing item I find is the installation of the Sound Set to use for Sibelius 7. One PDF reads: "Mac OS X: Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/Sounds" Well…when I follow the above path, after I get to /Sibelius/ there exists no "Sounds" Folder. And where do I find the Sound set? Where can I get step by step installation support? Dan

• Hello Dan!

The sound sets, the Vienna Symphonic Library House Style and the "Optimizing Sibelius Playback" manual can be found at the following location. You have to be logged in to see the sound sets.

http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/141/460/576/655.htm

If the folder "Sounds" doesn't exist, simply create it.

Best regards,

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Andi, Okay—I have downloaded the sound sets, the Vienna Symphonic Library House Style and the "Optimizing Sibelius Playback" manual. I placed the "Vienna Symphonic Library.lib" to the proper folder House Styles, following the proper path: Sibelius 7, Mac: Users\username\Library\Application Support\Avid\Sibelius 7\House Styles. I am now ready to "Copy the Vienna Instruments preset (fxp) files to your VSL Custom Data folder" which I have easily found—except—the "VI Presets for Sibelius Strings Sound Set" which I downloaded contains: Appassionata Strings Chamber Strings Orchestral Strings Solo Strings Do I Copy all four of these folders or just the "Appassionata Strings"? Further—I don't know if I have the Standard Library or the Extended Library and I cannot figure out if I ned the +II Presets. I Downloaded the Sibelius/VSL Video and I must say that it confuses me. Kindly sort this out for me, if you would be so kind? Dan

• Hello Dan!

You have registered the Appassionata Strings I standard collection. Therefore you will only need the AS I - standard presets. As long as you don't purchase the extended content or one of the other collections, you don't need the other VI presets.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thank you, Andi…I deeply appreciate the service. Now I'll go back to reading the back to the "Optimizing Sibelius Playback with Vienna Ensemble." Dan

• Andi, I have done everything through page 3 of the "Optimizing Sibelius Playback with Vienna Ensemble A guide to get more out of your scores." I am now on page 4 and I am completely confused. The Vienna Ensemble you show on page 4 is different than the current Vienna Ensemble I have Downloaded. Further, when I add VIolins, from the Right Side, the Left Side shows: CO AS_VIolins–Basic_L1 DO AS_VIolins–Performance_L1 FO AS_VIolins–Basic_L1 GO AS_VIolins–Performance_L1 THIS IS MOST CONFUSING. Also—what odes CO, DO, FO, and GO mean? This is not explained anywhere.

• Hello Dan!

C0, D0, F0 and G0 are keyswitches to change between the matrices. These switches are sent by the sound set automatically according to your notation marks. You don't have to send them manually. I recommend checking out the Vienna Instruments and Vienna Ensemble manuals to get a feel how our instruments are structured and how the software works. These manuals can be downloaded here:
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/428/514/210.htm
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/428/515/211.htm

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Andi, OK! I have everything up and running. I have my Appassionata Strings loaded into Sibelius, I have Saved the Project, I have the Channels loaded the way I desire them to be, and I have full Playback—including articulations! So—as far as I can tell everything is working fine. However, I still see the appropriate video(s) and PDF(s) to be extremely lacking in clarity. This does not matter, but, after I load a VSL instrument from the Right side of the VE to the Left side, I am told the instrument is loading—YET—nothing shows up in that Left side window—HOWEVER—when I place notes into my Sibelius score all my loaded Violins, Violas, 'Celli, and Basses Playback just fine. Dan

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on