Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,776 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vivaldi - String Concerto RV 121 - III. Allegro

last edited
    last edited

Still playing with the chamber strings in the Mozart Saal... what a pleasure! Here you have some non-Zimmer spiccati [:P]

A. Vivaldi - String Concerto RV 121 - III. Allegro (Mix A)

A. Vivaldi - String Concerto RV 121 - III. Allegro (Mix B)

I hope you enjoy!

• Hi Servando, very good performancce, i like much !!!! The strings are really very realistic. Bravo ! I listen to all records in soundcloud, and really it sounds great. And congratulations to the very nice flute player too ;-) Kind regards

•  This is excellent - I thought the second mix might be better since it makes those fast notes clearer. Extremely enjoyable!

•   Thanks Philippe and William... and also thanks on behalf of the flutist.

I am still trying to sound more "musical" than "real" with these my first tracks, but I also think that the level of realism one can get from the Chamber Strings is amazing, especially with the short articulations. I also find the second mix more suitable for highlighting the fast attacks of the strings. I'll see if I can combine the close mic with the wet signal of a distant mic to further improve the mix (I haven't tried this yet as I am focusing more in knowing the different articulations)... or I maybe wait for the new second mic option of the upcoming version of MIR.

Many thanks again to both of you for listening.

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on