Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• VE SE Percussion & Sibelius

Hi all,

Is there a problem with the current VE SE and SE Plus sound sets or is it me? I can trigger all percussion sounds except the snare drum and I've also noticed that when 'choke' as a techniques is applied to a cymbal D#6 is played and not C#6 as it states in the 'Optimizing Sibelius Playback' pdf.

best wishes

Simon

• Hi all,

After much testing I have found that the percussion works fine. However it appears that when I have 2 or 3 staves with the same sound then everything goes pear shaped. Now when I reload my score I have all 3 trumpets playing on one channel only, which would be ok if I wasn't using legato samples.

Is there a remedy for this? I'm using Sibelius 6.2

best wishes Simon

• Hi Simon!

Here is an excerpt of the "Optimizing Sibelius Playback" manual / Troubleshooting section:
    There is a playback bug in Sibelius which sometimes occurs when the same instrument is used more than once. Normally, it helps to create a new version of the problematic instrument, cut out the content of the old instrument and paste it into the new one.
    If this doesn't help, try the following thing:
    Go to the Sibelius mixer and reset the output devices to (Auto) for the instruments that do not switch correctly or play on the wrong channel.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Andi.

I have just slapped myself round the head shouting RTFM. Oh welll.

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on