Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,817 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Do I need to expand my MAC (Logic) setup?

I am trying to run Herb's full orchestra preset (VIP2 version) with a much reduced sample load (mainly just trying it with the legato patches). I've loaded 4 instances of the 64-bit server (one per section), but am getting a ton of  stuttering digital distortion. Sometimes I can get a few of the sections to play together without distortion and other times simply soloing a single instrument produces the distortion. In fact, it seems as though once i get disortion (by playing too many instruments together) I can't get a single solo'd track to play without it. The only way to hear the track play cleanly is to restart and reload Logic & VEP5.

Would the distortion dissappear if I expanded my setup? And if so, how do people recommend I expand it? A MMS? SSD? 

I think I'd be more into getting an MMS at this point given the cost of SSDs, but not if the MMS is not going to work.

Thanks!

d.

(Ps. I tried the multiport layer but couldnt get it to work without hanging notes or without notes simply not being palyed).

• last edited
    last edited

@dsilvercoin said:

I am trying to run Herb's full orchestra preset (VIP2 version) with a much reduced sample load (mainly just trying it with the legato patches). I've loaded 4 instances of the 64-bit server (one per section), 

This is no good, you should have one VE PRO FOR THE WHOLE ORCHESTRA

if you want a sample song give me your email

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Thanks so much Cyril! 

So you think my current setup should be powerful enough to run a full orchestra? I emailed you my email adress.

Thanks,

d

• last edited
    last edited

@dsilvercoin said:

So you think my current setup should be powerful enough to run a full orchestra? I emailed you my email adress.

Hi

it will depends of how many notes per second you will send to VE,  if you want stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 !!!!! ! [8-|]

If you have a sample song to send me, I can give it a trial when I return from holiday (end of next week)

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • OK, thank you, Cyril.

I wish I could get the Logic multiport layer working properly as that might solve at least some of my problem.

Have a nice vacation.

d.