Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,761 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Playing samples from other libraries

System: Mac Pro running Logic 9  and a Slave VisionDAW PC running MIR PRO 5 and Kontakt. 

I wanted to use Eric Pershings solo Soprano and Tenor voices from his Symphony of Voices  collection inside of MIR Pro 5. I am not aware that you can load a  sample set directly into Vienna Instruments Pro , correct me if I am wrong about this. My solution was to create a plug in instance in MIR Pro 5  and assign it to Kontakt 4.2. I then imported the samples into the Kontakt library and batch saved them. I was then able to open a Solo Soprano patch in Kontakt inside of MIR PRO 5  and and play it from the logic 9 sequencer located on the Mac Pro. The Soprano instance of the Kontakt plug in is assigned Midi in 5 and Channel 9 for example . To play a different articulation of the Solo Soprano voice I open a different instance in Logic 9 and assign it a different midi in and channel, Just like the first edition of VI where the different articulations were on separate lines in the sequencer. Is this the best way to accomplish this?

Regards,

Stephen W. Beatty   

• Yes, that's how it should be done! :-)

... just keep in mind that it is advisable to use "General Purpose" Instrument Profiles within MIR as soon as it comes to 3rd-party plugins and/or audio inputs.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Dietz

Stephen