Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,476 threads and 255,916 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Your most used reverb(s) for strings

Hi, I don't have VSL's MIR but would love to hear what others are using as their go-to verb/settings.

I do have Altiverb... Thanks in advance!

• Bricasti M7.

DG

• So far of all the reverbs I own MIR is the best one to me.  I wish I could demo a real hardware Bricasti M7 though, I hear many amazing things about it but never heard one in my room.

Do you use the Bricasti for all your strings (early and late reflections) or do you layer it with other reverbs in the chain somewhere DG?  Especially when trying to get that "romantic" sound.

Maestro2be

• last edited
    last edited

@cgernaey said:

Do you use the Bricasti for all your strings (early and late reflections) or do you layer it with other reverbs in the chain somewhere DG?  Especially when trying to get that "romantic" sound.

Maestro2be

The Bricasti just sounds great. No need to layer it with anything. If I really wanted to I could use a little send to a Lexicon PCM Native plug for a bit of extra tail, but that just depends on what sound I'm going for.

DG

• Thanks DG good to know.  I really have always wanted to try one as I have been told it takes virtually no editing to have instant near perfect results.  There are many other units on the market but the bricasti seems to be the one (the price tag seems to follow that too).  I should contact the company and see if I can rent/demo one for a week.

Do you ever post any of your works?  I am interested in hearing strings through a bricasti.  If it's that good I may consider buying that as my upgrade for my tax returns if it's going to speed up my workflow and give me near instant results.

Maestro2be

• last edited
    last edited

@cgernaey said:

Thanks DG good to know.  I really have always wanted to try one as I have been told it takes virtually no editing to have instant near perfect results.  There are many other units on the market but the bricasti seems to be the one (the price tag seems to follow that too).  I should contact the company and see if I can rent/demo one for a week.

Do you ever post any of your works?  I am interested in hearing strings through a bricasti.  If it's that good I may consider buying that as my upgrade for my tax returns if it's going to speed up my workflow and give me near instant results.

Maestro2be

See PM.

DG