Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• SE Documentation error?

I just bought the SE/SE+ Standard bundle.  Great sounding library by the way.  I was just reading the VI Special Edition manual and it shows Harp normal and harmonic patches as extended (L2) material, yet on the sample content on the website it's under the Standard column.  I'm not in front of my VI computer right now, but I don't recall seeing any L2 patches installed so I'm hoping the website is correct and I won't eventually lose my harp patch. 

So is harp part of the standard patches or extended?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi winknotes,

It´s part of the Standard Library. Please make sure to apply the Library Updates, these will fix a few minor bugs!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thank you Paul.  That's exactly what I was hoping you'd say ;)

I'll be sure to download the updates. 

Thanks again,

Steve

• Paul,

Quick question.  I installed the patch but it didn't seem to do anything.  Are there any logs or evidence you can point me to that it did get installed? 

I followed the directions that said open patch manager and drag the zip file onto it.  It would let me know when it was done, but maybe I blinked because I didn't see any messages at all. 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi winknotes,

No indication apart from some changed files after the Library Update updates the files.

The program is called "Directory Manager" and if you have followed the steps described on top of the page in the User Area (including using the latest software), you should get a dialogue and a success message for the Library Update.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL