Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,476 threads and 255,916 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vienna Suite and SSD

Hello

Here three questions.

1. The PCIe card Angelbird WINGS, with a SSD card, useful to use Vienna Suite (especially Hybrid Reverb, very heavy for the CPU), or it is good only for the samples?

2 . I live in Canada. Do you know an equivalent of the Angelbird WINGS in America?

3. It is better to work with two linked by VE PRO PC or with a PC card Angelbird WINGS?

Thank you in advance,

CMB

• Hi Claude Marc,

ad 1. - SSD will just speed-up loading times of Vienna Suite's Hybrid and Convolution reverbs, which is a very minor improvement. SSDs won't reduce the CPU-demands of those plugins.

ad 3. - This is hard to answer, as it depends a lot on your personal workflow and other factors (like your existing setup).

I can't answer question 2. ATM, sorry.

HTH,

/Dietz

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

ad 1. - SSD will just speed-up loading times of Vienna Suite's Hybrid and Convolution reverbs, which is a very minor improvement. SSDs won't reduce the CPU-demands of those plugins.

It also allow to reduce the pre-load buffer size if you own VI 2, so you can load much more in memory [:)]

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  • ... which is of course true, but definitely not relevant regarding the use of Vienna Suite.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • This is what I understood. A second computer is better, obviously.

• THE BIG problem is you are thinking to use MIR, MIR is a license for one computer !!! so you need as a slave a 12 core like mine to be able to play a full orchestra in 5.1 or 7.1

What is your configuration ?

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  • Cyril,

I do not have your config! But I have a PC i7 8 hearts (intel) with 16 mgs of ram. The other computer is lower. But I do not use MIR and I remain in stereo.

cm

• last edited
    last edited

@CLAUDE MARC BOURGET said:

2 . I live in Canada. Do you know an equivalent of the Angelbird WINGS in America?

An alternative, many say that performs much faster than these, are OCZ's RevoDrive's. PCIe drives though tend not to be as widely trusted due to reliability with drivers and boot up sequence... you can read about them around the web.