Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,776 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VEP 4 - Host & Slave won't talk. Please Help!

Hello! I purchased Vienna Ensemble Pro 4 a few months ago and have had great success w/ it on my single computer set-up. "27, 2.8 GHz Intel i7 iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and Pro Tools M-Powered 8.05. Recently I had a Windows 7 Pro based PC slave w/ a 3.40GHz Intel i7 and I've had no luck getting the two computers to talk in Pro Tools. The software on both computers is current. I have the ethernet hooked up directly from the Mac to the PC and I know that it's connected because in the Network preferences on the iMac there is an IP Address and everything that immediately goes offline if I restart the PC slave. I don't know if it's relevant but the "Configure IPv4" option on the Mac is set to "Using DHCP" and the "Status" is listed as Connected w/ a self-assigned IP address. Here is my process: 1) Open VEP Server on the slave. 2) Open a Pro Tools session. 3) Open a VEP Server Interface in an instrument track in Pro Tools. It reads "Slave: none" "Status: not connected". ----- Up to this point everything is normal, as if I were doing this w/ the single computer set-up ----- 4) I hit "Connect". ----- Nothing is detected on either computer. Normally, an option for "127.0.0.1 localhost [64] (New)" will be listed under "Available Instances" but it remains blank with the slave set-up. Please help me! Do you have any ideas? Thank you in advance! Cheers, David Decker

•  Is the Firewall off on both computers?

DG