Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,776 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• What is the right buffer size in VEP Server Interface ?

My question is how the right buffer size in the VEP Server interface is determined. I assume if it is too small there are crackles/distortion during playback but sometimes this is difficult to determine. I initially set the buffer to 1 and had the impression that there is some distortion when playing back an arrangement consisting of a VSL violins/violas/cello/basses ensemble which is not the case when playing back the individual instruments only. Using two buffers seems to be better but again im not shure if the arrangement plays now absolutely clean (sometimes i noticed few crackles). My configuration is - 1 quadcore 4 GB with Cubase 6 and RME 3xADAT Interface Card - 1 quadcore 4 GB with Soniccore 14 DSP Card with LifeProfessor VST (Host) hosting Kontakt 5 and VEP 6 server interface - 1 quadcore 4 GB running VEP Server

• look at your memory usage, 4 GB is not much !

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2