Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Strings SE no presets

Hi everyone Trying to install this download product correctly for a couple of days now but no luck. Problem: no presets available in the vienna instrument sw player. I can load preconfigured matrices (including the samples) but there are no presets. Same for standalone or VST (cubase 5.5). I updated the elicenser sw and downloaded the latest VSL player from this website. I installed it 3 times already but always the same result. The directory manager shows the correct location of the library (I deleted & added the folder a few times as well - no luck). Is there any way I can add these presets manually (as if loading user presets)? HW: WinXP SP3, not connected to internet Any help is greatly appreciated. I spent a LOT of time already for a supposedly simple task (?). flo

• last edited
    last edited

Welcome flo [:)],

I´m afraid the answer is quite simple: There are no presets for the SE Download products. This is also described in the Library Manual, available in your User Area.

Matrices are big enough to organize these rather small collections.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul Many thanks for your fast answer. I was hoping for some good examples with the speed switch, but will just experiment for myself in this case. regards flo

• last edited
    last edited

Hi flo,

The "Speed" control makes most sense with the faster articulations you find in the big DVD Instruments (FULL Library) and the Download Instruments (Full Library).

But of course you can also use speed to switch between, e.g., legato or sustain for slow passages and staccato / pizzicato for faster passages.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL