Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Logic Multi-Port Layer for TWO instrument channels

How can I use the Multi-Port Layer on two instrument tracks? I would like to connect one of the tracks to an instance on the main computer and then another instrument track to an instance on a slave computer each utilizing multiple ports - or - split the multiple ports between them.

Can this be done and how?

When I select the items of the Multi-Port Layer, copy them and paste them again Logic crashes instantly!

• last edited
    last edited

@Crescendo said:

When I select the items of the Multi-Port Layer, copy them and paste them again Logic crashes instantly!

do you do a command C and a command V

In the Environnement you must avoid to do command X and command V onto another layer, most of the time it is crashing

you must do command C and command V onto the other layer and after you delete the original

• Have a look at the hanging notes post below . I have done exactly that . Also the easiest way to copy from layers in logic is to open 2 environment windows and drag the objects over, no copying or crashing that way. Will try and repost my picture later which shows the cabling.

• SOrry it just doesnt work , please can someone from VSL help me here , the ve multiport is a nightmare , I wish I hadnt touched my template now . The hanging notes make life impossible.

• I have told you to use Even input and IAC.

• Ok , can you talk me through how to use iac . Thanks

• It looks like I have it working - I duplicated the Multiport Layer File with anew name and imported it onto a new layer and then copied it from there into the mixer layer. Then I had to re-name each Multi-Instrument (VE 01 etc.) into something like VE2 01 etc. so I would not get confused when re-assigning the external MIDI tracks. This works so far without a crash.

But - I too have massive problems with hanging notes and I do not think that my system is on overload at this point.

I have worked with IAC on standalone PLAY instances before - but I don't know how that would work with VE-Pro? I also would like to have some more detailed information on this. I really need to get rid of the hanging notes as well.

• last edited
    last edited

@Crescendo said:

I have worked with IAC on standalone PLAY instances before - but I don't know how that would work with VE-Pro? I also would like to have some more detailed information on this. I really need to get rid of the hanging notes as well.

If you use IAC you cannot bounce off line, you must be ON line

• i know about the issue with bouncing - I would just like to have some instruction on how to set up the IAC scenario in VE-Pro...

As long as that brings actually relief from the hanging notes I'd like to try this out.

• last edited
    last edited

@Crescendo said:

i know about the issue with bouncing - I would just like to have some instruction on how to set up the IAC scenario in VE-Pro...

As long as that brings actually relief from the hanging notes I'd like to try this out.

Form me IAC has fixed most of the hanging note. I still have one, it is 2 short E5 plaied by an Oboe on a 2400 bar piece

We can arrange an Ichat session where I will show you how to do it

My Ichat name is cyrillindablanc

best

Cyril

• I am also investigating using IAC as a way round this but online bouncing was one of the reasons I switched to VEpro in the 1st place . I think in the meantime I might as well go back to using BIdule . I know Vsl are investigating this , so lets hope they can sort it out asap and let us know when it is sorted .