Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• How can I import Bricasti IR´s into Vienna Suite

Hi,

can anyone explain me, how I get to run the free Bricasti IR´s in VSL Convolution Reverb?

I downloaded the "Samplicity M7 Main - 03 - Wave Quad files, 32 bit, 44.1 Khz, v1.1" and they say, that it works in VSL.

But there are only many diff WAV-Files, not the vci-format....

please help.

Thanks a lot,

Jörg

• Hi Jörg,

just click on the display bar below the headline IMPULSE and point to the folder where the IRs are stored in. Once you've done that, you can navigaet throught the directory by means of the up/down-arrows on the right side of the display bar.

You can save your own settings as User Presets then. - I made it a habit to save the first entrance of a folder as some kind of quick link to it.

BTW - for true stereo operation, you should really use the quad-WAVs (a.k.a. dual stereo). Simple stereo IRs will of course only allow for mono in / stereo out operation.

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks so much Dietz.

I didn´t know, that the wav-files are ready for use! :)

And yes, I´ve loaded the Quad-Files, but in 44.1 Khz.

Is it better to use the 48Khz-files?

I see, that the VSL-files has 96Khz!

cheers,

Jörg

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

And yes, I´ve loaded the Quad-Files, but in 44.1 Khz.

Is it better to use the 48Khz-files?

I see, that the VSL-files has 96Khz!

cheers,

Jörg

Don't quote me on that, but personally I think for reverb 44.1 or 48 kHz are more than enough. You _might_ lose some very small amounts of definition in the early reflections (due to the less defined resolution timing-wise), but in the actual reverb tail there will be little to know discernable loss.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library