Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Switching colours on staff in Sibelius

Hi Everyone I'm really enjoying how I can switch from an open to muted trumpet in Sibelius on one staff. If I may, I'd like to know how the SE soundset manages to switch MIDI channels using Technique Text. I quickly realized the potential of this feature to switch between different instruments / colours. Right now I'm only able to make an instrument switch using con / senza sordino text and assigning the respective trumpet programmes under manual soundsets. In VEP it is of course possible to load instruments other than the trumpets, but it looks really strange to make a "to Flute" or "to Clarinet" change with sordino markings. In summary, how can I set up a soundset that will allow MIDI channel switching on one staff with user-defined text markings. Any pointers are greatly appreciated. Adriaan

• Hello Adriaan!

An easy way to switch between instruments on one staff would be to add an Instrument change (Sibelius 7: Home/Change Instruments; Sibelius 6: Create/Other/Instrument change). Please notice, that you will have to reserve a program channel for all instruments in your score. So if you change from a flute to a clarinet, reserve a channel for both instruments.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Andi

Thank you for the helpful suggestion. And a big thanks to VSL for making very comprehensive soundsets available free of charge.

Thank you

Adriaan

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on