Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,575 users have contributed to 42,241 threads and 254,850 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Hi, 

That´s a good question for your post office or shipping agency. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • For the transfer fee of 10% do you apply the price in Euros for everyone worldwide? or  for American and Canadian owners to you charge 10% on identical ILIO price in American dollars?

• Hi, 

It´s always Euros. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello, 

It is possible to sell your licenses VSL products, under certain, regulated circumstances. 

To protect both the seller and the buyer, we need to monitor every step of the license transfer, and this is done on a case-by-case basis. 

There are many factors to be considered: Upgrade prices, student discounts, multiple keys, and of course we are checking if the key containing the correct licenses and all parts of the sold products have arrived at the buyer´s place. 

To find a buyer, these are the rules:

1. The buyer must be found privately and the products must not be advertised in the VSL forum.
    2. Auction platform like eBay are not allowed.  

The handling fee for this individual assistance is 10% of the full price of the product (minimum fee EUR 50). 

The legal buyer of 'second hand' products of the Vienna Symphonic Library has full access to our support, software updates and sample downloads - he can even take advantage of our upgrade discounts with future orders, and can resell the products again at a later time.

Please contact us directly at sales@vsl.co.at with any questions that may pop up!

Best, 
    Paul

Bearing everything you said in mind, Paul, it would be good to have a special thread for license tranfer negotiations. It seems that the best place for members to advertise their VSL wares would be right here, in the VSL community. That way, it would be easy to find prospective buyers, and everything would be above board. 

Now, what if I have licenses for other software on my key; how do we deal with that? Can VSL remove/delete the licenses from the key?

• last edited
    last edited

@GTBannah said:

... it would be good to have a special thread for license tranfer negotiations. It seems that the best place for members to advertise their VSL wares would be right here, in the VSL community. That way, it would be easy to find prospective buyers, and everything would be above board. 

+1  vote. VSL could design a official messaging system for sales with a classifieds sales/wanted section. Add 5 Euros to the 10% transfer fee if we used this site for a successful sale – another revenue stream for the hard working people at VSL.

• Hi Paul,

So far I have been buying libraries for my daughter who uses it. No she is a student at a university and I would like to move all the licenses to her VSL account..

Is it possible to do that without having to pay 10%. I am not selling anything, I am just handing it over to my daughter.

In fact I will give her the Vienna Key as well.

What is the procedure

Regards

Ram

• Hello Ram, 

I see that you are in touch with our sales team already. 

In general: Every sale / license transfer process is a bit different (and often quite special), and it is mandatory that we accompany this process, to keep both the buyer and seller on the safe side. 

Best, 
    Paul