Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,917 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• package.info

I'm trying to load Vienna Instruments Special Edition onto a MacBook 10.5.7, with 4GB RAM, Duo core, 1TB Fire-wire external HD. Loaded the CD and got the Vienna-Key recognized. I've put the first DVD in the drive. Instructions say to "locate the file 'package.info' on the DVD and follow the instructions". I tried that and the file is unreadable. is there a certain program needed to open that file? any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• last edited
    last edited

Welcome Lamberty,

Please launch the LIBRARY Installer you find in your "Vienna Instruments" Applications folder, after you have installed the latest version of the VSL Software (Vienna Instruments and Vienna Ensemble in your case).

Also download and install the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul, I have downloaded the latest eLicenser and VSL software. still won't recognize the package.info file.

• Paul, It is also showing up as a .app - isn't it supposed to be a .zip? (Mac) Thanks,

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Lamberty,

Ok, step by step, like shown in our Quick Start videos.

1) Download and install Vienna Instruments and Vienna Ensemble.

2) Go to "Applications".

3) => "Vienna Instruments" folder

4) You find the LIBRARY INSTALLER in this folder.

5) Double-click it to launch it.

6) Insert DVD#1 of your DVD Instrument and locate package.info, as requested by the Library Installer Wizzard.

=> This will start the installation right away.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul, that did the trick. i was failing to notice that it was still looking for the file on my HD and not on the DVD! again, thanks for your patience. i'm new at this!