Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• "Administrator Account is required to run directory manager"

Hello, MY name is Conor Jones. I purchased an Apple Imac recently and it shipped with OSX Lion. I desire to transfer my VSL SE Instruments from my macbook pro (running OSX Leopard) to said Imac. I've been having trouble making this happen. Any suggestions?

• what kind of trouble do you have ?

• @ Cyril: "Administrator Account is required to run directory manager", that is his problem.. And mine! You canĀ“t use the installation process with OSX Lion, I guess. IĀ“m looking for information, but nothing on their site?? regards, m

• You need an admin account !

This normal as VSL is installing the AU

• The admin account wasn't the problem, at least not directly (I have the only account on the computer, it's an admin account!) I downloaded the latest VE (VE 4) and the message "Administrator Account is required to run directory manager" didn't pop up again. So, the problem appears to be tied to using a dated version of Vienna Ensemble. The disc I had for it contained version 2.

• Good

You should ALWAYS go on the provider's web to download the latest version

• WHere can i download the latest version of the vienna special edition? i have the same rpoblem and i'm using mountain lion

• B.schlanzke,

If you have the Special Edition DVD's find the update in:  User Area / Vienna Special Editions / Library Updates.

Not sure these will help and don't know if they apply to Special Edition Downloads.

Or are you talking about reinstalling your Special Editions? That's User Area / Vienna Special Editions / and click those which apply to you.

You must be logged in to do any of this.

• Did you ever sort this out?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Usually, this problem is fixed by repairing permissions (with "DiskUtility"), and maybe installing the latest version of all Vienna Software (especially after using the migration assistant).

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi, I am working on a mac running mountain lion.  I am the only user and am the administrator (The box is checked and the user says administrator underneath).  I have repaired my permissions numberous times and there are no updates for me to install.  Everytime I click on either the Library Installer or Directory Manager it says that I must be logged in to the administrator account and won't let me access it start installing the DVDs.  This is all for the Vienna Special Edition Plus.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Hello Peter, 

So which version of Vienna Instruments (PRO) are you using?

Did you try to manually uninstall our software (with the included Uninstaller) and install the latest software builds again?

Best, 

Paul

• Hi again, 

Just to be safe: You didnĀ“t install any 3rd party software like the notorious "Little Snitch" lately, right? These little programs can block communication quite a bit...

Best, 

Paul