Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Mir Pro-Configuration with 12-core-Mac

Hello friends,

could you help me to optimize my 12-core-Mac Pro 2.66 for Mir Pro. At the moment I only have 7200-hard drives and 32Gb RAM and get in trouble with CPU and hard-drive-speed quite early. Should I get 512 GB Samsung Series 830 SSD-drives or something else?  How would the perfect configuration with Angelbird look like? How much do I have to invest if I want to get 5122Gb of hard drive?

Many questions and quite special but maybe someone is generous enough to share his knowledge.

Thanks in advance

Alfred

• Have a look at : http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/p/30955/197621.aspx#197621

• Hello Cyril,

I´m afraid you might find me a bit stupid - but what kind of configuration with Raid 0 and SSD´s would you recommend if I have about 700 Gb of samples which should be streamed as fast as possible: about 300 Gb of VSL which I love the most and about 500 Gb of East West ans audiobro? 

Do you recommend the angelbird-card and what kind of SSD?

So many questions - I´m sorry

Kind regards Alfred

• last edited
    last edited

@Sakamoto said:

Hello Cyril,

I´m afraid you might find me a bit stupid - but what kind of configuration with Raid 0 and SSD´s would you recommend if I have about 700 Gb of samples which should be streamed as fast as possible: about 300 Gb of VSL which I love the most and about 500 Gb of East West ans audiobro? 

Do you recommend the angelbird-card and what kind of SSD?

So many questions - I´m sorry

Kind regards Alfred

You need a SATA III card

You can put 3 x 256 GB  or 6 x 128gb ssd in raid 0 (with 6 it will be faster)

I have bought Crucial ones

> angelbird-card ?

No idea !

Best

Cyril

• Hi Cyril,

thanks for the fast reply. Which Sata III-card do you recommend for a 12-core Mac Pro 2010? What kind of SSD?

Best Alfred

• last edited
    last edited

@Sakamoto said:

Hi Cyril,

thanks for the fast reply. Which Sata III-card do you recommend for a 12-core Mac Pro 2010? What kind of SSD?

Best Alfred

This will depends of how many ports you need

I have been using Rocket Raid since many years

This time I bought the 640 from Apple store US but you have more choice on Internet

I use Crucial ssd 

best

Cyril