Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,817 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Signal Routing

Hello, I can't invent, how to make mine routing inside the VEPro and MIR Pro. I need to send signal from any track to two compressors (parallel), and no to the Main Output. The signal is routed from the compressors to the Main Out. But after thecompressor, it should be routed to the Reverb (MIR in this case). The MIR should take it in to the right place. So you have some idea, how to route this, please? In the DAW or VEPro (before MIR) I sent it from the channel by the Send to two compressors with Post-Pan. This make panning. From compressors, I routed it to the Reverb. It was easy. But I don't kno, now, how to do this with MIR. Thanks, Martin

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Martin,

there is an extensive tutorial available within MIR Pro's preliminary manual (p. 32 ff) which covers many routing options from VE Pro / MIR Pro.

-> Get the manual from here

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • You are right, as you are everytine. :-) I find it on page 40. Thanks, Martin

• Hi Dietz

The example in page 40 only work if you are with a standalone VEP5

In SERVER mode VEP5 does not show multiple set of outputs, i.e. I have a 5.1 project it is only showing out1 to out5 ( I have 64 outs on my system)

Do you have to do something special to have all your outputs availlable in SERVER mode or is it a well known bug ?

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • This is a limitation of Logic. Nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

• Hello Karel

Thanks for your answer,

Was not it working with VE 4 and stereo outs ?

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Multiple stereo output buses is no problem in Logic (though it only supports up to 16). In surround you can only have a single output bus in Logic.

• Thanks for your answer.

If I create another VEP 5 and attach it to a stereo or to a surround  VSL AU, you could add the possibility to route the second audio signal to the second VEP [;)]

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

Thanks for your answer.

If I create another VEP 5 and attach it to a stereo or to a surround  VSL AU, you could add the possibility to route the second audio signal to the second VEP

No, the instances are not synchronized, so this would be impossible.

• Hello, I'm not sure, maybe I'm off topic now...
    I used VEPro 5 in Logic. If I loaded VEPro 5 Stereo, there is only one stereo output from the VEPro 5 (MIR Pro). But if I choosed VEPro 5 16x Stereo, there was 16 stereo outputs from the VEPro 5 (and MIR Pro), so than it's possible to send audio from VEPro channel separately to the Logic. And there is AU plug-in VEPro 5 5.1 too.
    Yes, you are right. If I'm using more than 16 channels in the Logic, and I'm using VEPro Input plug-in, these channels are not synchronized. I tried to set delay (with different values) on these tracks. But the delay is changing, so it's not possible to use it this way. Or I don't know, how to solve it. :-)
    If I'm using Digital Performer (it's using AU plug-ins too), there is no problem with more channels. It was synchronized, no problem.
    Regards Martin