Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• VE pro purchase =3 licenses, need one more?

Hi

Long time VSL user, now trying out the VE pro "interface" on my PC farm. Have new 64 bit PC win7 running Cubase 6 (and Protools 10 in a minute).

Question; today I bought and downloaded the package including 3 licenses. The website says I can run on one master PC and 3 slaves. But as far as I can read, I then need 4 licenses. Or? Please help,

best regards, Jørgen

• last edited
    last edited

Jørgen, the best idea is to get in contact with and see if they can do something for you. 😊

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Dietz thanks for a quick reply, thats what I like. Sent them and E-mail.

one reason for getting VE pro is that I currently run Gigasampler on one slave and have had to bounce realtime to DAW... REALLY want not to do this anymore, but want to keep Gigasampler.

Question; what are your experiences with GS3, which can be difficult sometimes as history shows. Does GS3 work well in VE pro-environment?

best

• Sorry - personally I haven't seen Gigasampler since years now ... somebody else will have to jump in with first-hand experiences.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • G-player does wonders for me with all my Giga samples. It's made by SoundLib. I've A/B'd the samples from my PC and they sound very very identical! It's 64 bit too! It runs perfectly in VEP 5 for me. I use it extensively. ~J

• last edited
    last edited

@jorgen said:

Question; what are your experiences with GS3, which can be difficult sometimes as history shows. Does GS3 work well in VE pro-environment?

Hang on a sec? You're not actually going to try to run Gigastudio on the same PC as VE Pro, are you? That way lies madness and disaster.

DG 

•  As to the original question, the Master computer doesn't need a liecence, just the slaves.

As to the second, GS won't run on VE Pro; only VSTs do.  Use Gplayer, or soon Aria player.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190