Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Ever had a broken dongle?

Anyone had a broken dongle? This is looking like a nightmare here right now. My main eLicenser has completely died and I have a high pressure deadline. Meanwhile VSL are saying I need to 'send the broken dongle to Vienna so they can look at it'!

I've never heard anything like this!  I had no idea there was such an alarming flaw in this whole anti-piracy thing and it's deeply worrying.

Well I just hope there's a way round this or they can send me a demo license or something or I'm stuffed.

help!

dan

• Yes I blew up a dongle and had the same thing although not over New Year. A demo licence would be a good solution. They were very nice to me when it happened but I can't remember how it was resolved.  It is a nightmare and it took a week to get bacl to normal.

Where are you in the world and what licences do you need?!

• I have. I sent it to the VSL distributor in Southern Califormia, was provided demo license of 180 starts and once the dongle was scrutinized I was provided replacement licenses.

I lost maybe a day, if that. But I was very pro-active.

• Hi dagmarpiano, 

I just sent you a 180 hours demo license to bridge the time until the usual routine has passed (sending in the key, organizing a replacement licenses). 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • haha they want to charge me €70 to send out the new activation codes. What a joke.

If ever I needed a cue to look elsewhere this was it!