Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• VI pro 2

Hi Andi - stuck again. I installed VI pro 2 (demo license) and now something has changed - Midi is being read in and instruments are playing, but articulations are no longer working - its as if the Sibelius sound set is not being used. I have: updated to the latest solo strings library; checked Vienna Ensemble is up to date; checked the custom files directory is correct, rebuilt the sibelius playback device; rechecked the sibelius mixer channels/instrument; re created the VE channels; and loaded standard presets. I have also read the .pdf manuals and optimizing for sibelius again, and and watched the videos. But I must be missing something - do I need VE pro in order to use VI pro perhaps? The piece was playing back correctly previous to the update and I only did it to test polyphonic legato phrasing etc as per previous posts - where it sounded like I should buy it. Any ideas? Rangi.

• Hi Rangi!

You don't need VE Pro in order to use VI Pro, so everything should work fine. Did you load the VI presets that came with the Strings sound set?

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I presume you mean "01 VI Preset VIPRO". But with that the violin plays every note staccato - and just did another test: I wrote Pizz in the score and would you believe it played "detached long vibrato" for every note. The directory manager appears in 3 app folders (VE, VI, VI pro2) - but I presume they all reference the same files - no chance of a conflict messing with the sound set mapping? Cheers, Rangi.

• - and Andi - just went to do a screen shot but unsure how to paste into a message. The presets I can see are: within "A- strings PRESET FIles"; A solo strings Chords, A solo strings Pattern, 01 violin solo. Within that: 01 VI preset VIPRO, VI VSL Preset level 1, VI VSL Preset level 2. (and likewise for violin, cello, bass) Should I be able to see any others?

• Hi Rangi!

You have loaded the wrong preset. You need the VI presets, that came with the Sibelius sound set. In order to see these presets, they have to be copied to your VSL Custom Data folder.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • That makes sense but the sound sets haven't moved, they are where they were two days ago for standard VI, and at that time they used to appear in the list within VI. I have just triple checked directory manager again, the folder path looks right. Two things come to mind that I wouldn't think would matter, but stuck for better ideas.... 1. Its not the default location (user = shared) it is /Users/rangi/Documents/VSL Custom Data. 2. the actual .fxp files are nested within folders: /Users/rangi/Documents/VSL Custom Data/Solo Strings/SS I - standard. (these two points didn't seem to matter with standard VI). Any other ideas? It must be something to do with pathing.

• - and fixed. Just put the the custom data folder back into the default location, and placed the .fxps at the root, and now they are visible in VI pro, and all is working correctly for the moment.

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on