Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,776 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Finale 2012a update warning

The latest Finale version (Finale 2012a, released Dec 22nd, 2011) is not able to export audio files with our instruments included anymore. The resulting audio files sound very choppy to unlistenable. The MakeMusic team is informed about this fact and has a fix in the works. For the time being I recommend, that Finale/VSL users should not update to Finale 2012a.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Andi:

Thanks for the warning. Sadly, I just updated. Still, I am guessing that a way around this problem would be to use a third-party application such as Audio Hijack Pro, which can capture system audio directly from any application. 

Michael

•  Since Event Inputs allow us to do all the mixing in VE Pro, it would be wonderful if it included a basic capture audio to disk function.  Is that being considered?

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Hi Bill!

Currently this is not considered because this would be a typical function of the sequencer software.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@andi said:

The latest Finale version (Finale 2012a, released Dec 22nd, 2011) is not able to export audio files with our instruments included anymore. The resulting audio files sound very choppy to unlistenable. The MakeMusic team is informed about this fact and has a fix in the works. For the time being I recommend, that Finale/VSL users should not update to Finale 2012a.

Best regards,
    Andi

Hi, For me, this didn't work in 2012 either. I think it may be related to the ASIO driver, or rather, how Finale handles it. Certain M-Audio drivers will not work with Finale. Mine will only work as long as the ASIO Soundcard is NOT set as default. On another machine I used the ploytec driver with M-Audio Audiophile USB. Finale would not export to audio on that machine until I updated the driver from 2.44 to 2.45... The M-Audio problem is still there in 2012a, and they have been aware of it for a long time ... I guess they're just not giving priority to fixing anything Avid... and now that Garr is becoming part of MM... hmmm... best regards, ;-f

• last edited
    last edited

@andi said:

Best regards,
    Andi

Hi, For me, this didn't work in 2012 either. I think it may be related to the ASIO driver, or rather, how Finale handles it. Certain M-Audio drivers will not work with Finale. Mine will only work as long as the ASIO Soundcard is NOT set as default. On another machine I used the ploytec driver with M-Audio Audiophile USB. Finale would not export to audio on that machine until I updated the driver from 2.44 to 2.45... The M-Audio problem is still there in 2012a, and they have been aware of it for a long time ... I guess they're just not giving priority to fixing anything Avid... and now that Garr is becoming part of MM... hmmm... best regards, ;-f just for the record... Today I tested Virtual Audio Cable and Total Recorder with Finale 2012a and VSL SE (and my incompatible M-Audio driver)... Perfect audio recording results...

• just for the record:  I attempted "Save to Audio File" in Finale 2012a today - and it worked perfectly.

The only thing that changed on my machine since my previous unsuccessful attempt is that I threw out everything M-Audio and installed a Creative Pro card... 

•  Are you using VI Pro or the standard player?

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • I'm using std VE, Hauptwerk4 and Aria (Garritan Steinway) simultaneously...

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on