Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Any eq used in audiodemos ?

Any wq used in audiodemos ? i tewsted today little try-sound and based this i think they dont use any eq but i want know facts becouse i sure is often important thing...

• Excuse me - what's wq? Do you mean EQ? As far as I know, TrySound gives you the raw sounds. If they offer the possibility to test VI Pro 2, though, then you may have heard the built-in EQ and its presets, too.

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • i mean eq somehow i made typing mistake. i think they have some version of vi pro. and i mean audiodemos in this page.

• last edited
    last edited

The pieces presented on VSL's Demo sub-site include a wide variety of productions, ranging from almost solistic to full-blown, huge orchestra pieces. As a rule of thumb I would say the larger the arrangement, the more it is likely that there were lots of efforts (and thus signal processing) put into the mix.

The "offcial" instrument demos are pretty plain, but I can't swear that there were no EQs used in any of them.

BTW - a few day ago, fellow forum member William posted a link to one of his compositions, which apparently used no processing besides MIR Pro: -> http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/p/30396/195377.aspx#195377

HTH,

• Hi Dietz,

just reading this thread and noticed something - when I play Vienna Instruments with VI Pro 2, is there already eq programmed into the player for the samples?

Thanks if you can let me know.

best,

Steve[:)]

• As far as I know, the internal EQ offers basic settings for all new Presets that are available since VI Pro. I will have to ask for details, sorry. Thanks for your patience.

• Hi Dietz,

thanks if you can let me know. I am working on a project  using Vienna Instruments and if the eq is already in there, that would save me the work of equing later on.

thanks for your help here,

best regards,

Steve [:)]

• Hi Steve, 

All section presets (e.g, the new chord matrices) have activated EQ settings. You can find out easily in the "Matrix" tab of the Advanced page (and alter or reset the chosen settings anytime). 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

thank you for your information here. Much appreciated. I'll check this out. By the way, vi pro - the new feature where you can alter the percentage of the time stretching for runs and so on, so thanks so much for including that feature in the vi pro update. A great time saver.

I have to say that there are so many features in vi pro that I haven't even tried yet. In regards to the default tuning/humanisation settings,  I am very happy with them.

I had no idea that vi pro had some part of the audio engine which added eq to the sounds. That's cool!

I am really enjoying the vi pro player. Amazing! Great Stuff!

Thanks again for answering my question Paul.

Well, best regards to you and everyone at VSl and I hope you all have a great xmas. Thanks heaps also for the vi pro player update. Amazing technology here![Y]

best,

Steve[:D]