Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Logic and MIR --> the problem is that the software forgets to turn off note

Hello

I did a lot of modifications :

1) Now all samples are on either a Rid 0 of 4 ssd or on a ssd (SE plus samples)

2) I have set latency to 32768 ( that did not help)

3) I have create an instrument with VSL surround that is only used to to assign the VE PRO

All that did not fix hanging note, I had hanging note just playing the strings of my piece

4) I have set in the VSL MIXER  "MIR PRO / mono to 5.0¨

THIS HAS HELP A LOT, THERE ARE ONLY PARTS WHERE i GET HANGGING NOTE

I had a bad idea is to put back VE PRO server to Latency = 2048

Now I get sound only when I stop logic 

I have to reboot 

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  • I started to do more test with my VE splited in 4

Looks there are less hangging notes

I have set the VE buffer to 81xx. I have read another thread that soebody had succes with the buffer set to 0

I will try it tomorow

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  • Using 4 VE is not the solution as the 4 VE are not in sync

I have gone back to the one big VE, I also get BIG crackles

I have set Vienna Ensemble Pro Surround with Latency = none

With one big VE I have also noticed that only one processor is active in Logic

Any idea ?

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

Using 4 VE is not the solution as the 4 VE are not in sync

What do you mean by this? Instances are perfectly synchronized.

• Hi Martin

If you do not use MIR there is no problem to sync 8 x VE 4 with my test song, With MIR I have hanging notes with a quartet in Stereo to Surround 5.0

Best

Cyril