Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• VI PRO-2 Presets

Hi,

After getting VI Pro 2 installed i noticed there is a VI PRO 2 Presets folder which caught my eye, however when i load the preset, it loads without any samples.
    Am i missing something ?

Thanks,

MD

• last edited
    last edited

Hi MacDude,

These are deactivated cells for the new VI PRO 2 Presets. You can right-click a cell and get the option to load it, or right-click a matrix and get the option to enable (load) all cells of the matrix, or use the new "Settings" button below the peak meter in the upper right corner of VI PRO to enable ALL cells in the loaded instance.

Check out the new videos about the features of VI PRO 2, you will be amazed!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

I was just watching the tutorial vids when it quite clearly states about force loading cells etc so was just about to come back and edit my post. But you beat me too it!!
    I'm going to make a big cup of tea and hopefully not salivate too much over all of the new features!!! I can't wait to try out the sequencer!!!! Fantastic idea!!!!(too many !!! maybe ;-)
    Am i also right in thinking VI PRO 2 will enable 'real' legato with Dimension Brass? I'm still not 100% sure of what performance legato actually offers. As with libraries like CineBrass etc, they have a legato/gliss/port articulation but i can't seem to get the same results with DB. It was suggested for that i'd need to buy Special Brass. If so, i'm a tiny bit disappointed as i assumed DB would cover most of the 'bread n butter' articulations.
    Maybe i'm missing something again ;-)
    Thanks again for your prompt advice!
    MD

• last edited
    last edited

Hi MD,

Nice to hear that you like it. I admit that itĀ“s quite a few features we have packed in there, just to make sure that thereĀ“s something for everyone [;)]

Of course Dimension Brass also offers real legato = authentic note transitions. Not sure what you are missing, and what you are trying.

Our Dimension Brass video could help with that as well.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Yes indeed i have that vid in my collection but it's worth taking another look. Time to put the kettle on again [8-|]

Thanks

MD