Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 Newbie

Hi there! I´ve downloaded the Demo of Ve Pro 5! I´m using Cubase 5.5.3 and tried to connect the VE 5 with Cubase ! But I had no chance! Can someone please give me an Introduction to set up these two programs? Thanks a lot! Greetings from Austria Roman

• last edited
    last edited

Welcome Roman,

The VE PRO 5 manual is always a good reference, for example page 7 with the Quick Start Section 😉

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul! I´ve studied the manual very long and searched in the internet and forums! But no chance to get the results!

• Hi Roman, 

Ok [:)]

So which step doesn´t work (page 7)?

Best, 

Paul

• i get the signal to the mixer of VE 5! But when i press the play button in the VE 5 mixer i can´t hear something!

• Hi Roman, 

The "Play" button is just a small feature that lets you start and stop your seuencer from within VE PRO.

When you play an instrument in VE PRO, do you hear it?

Would be cool if you could refer to page 7, this is exactly what you need to do to make instruments sound, and we would both have the same order we talk about. 

The more information you can provide me with, the better. One sentence without any reference is usually not enough. 

Best, 

Paul

• I´ll try it again and again! I hope i get it! One thing that i don´t understand is that when i press play in Cubase i can see the level meter in VE 5 working! But when i click in the VE 5 window mixer to adjust the level everything stops!

• Hi Roman, 

That is because VE PRO 5 is an application OUTSIDE of Cubase. 

However, there is an option in Cubase, under Devices=>Device Setup=> VST Audio System => Check the little box called "Release driver when application is in background". 

That should help. 

Best, 

Paul

• Thanks Paul! That´s it!