Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VE PRO issues in DP 7 and NUENDO 4

Hello,

I'm extremely frustrated with the VE PRO 5 experience. I'm using a newer MAC PRO ( 2x2.66 GHz 6-core w 48 gig RAM ) as my Master, and an older MAC PRO ( 2x 3.2 GHz Quad-core w 10 gig RAM) as my slave.

Both are running OS 10.6.8.

Master Mac using Apogee Symphony card, 3 Apogee Rosetta 800's.

I'm using DP 7.21 and NUENDO 4.

No matter if I'm using DP or NUENDO all I get are glitches and dropouts....CONSTANTLY....even if I'm trying to use one instance of VE PRO 5.

VE PRO 5 connects to the slave mac no problem. Load an instance of Veinna Instruments Pro, no problem. Play one single note and ALL I GET ARE GLITCHES AND DROPOUTS...

Adjusting everything I possibly can in both DP, NUENDO and the VE PRO settings...nothing changes.....constant dropouts.

If anyone has any ideas i would appreciate the help. The Vienna tech support has not helped me at all. 

Thanks

AndrewK

• I feel for you. It should work though - I am using a 8 core Mac (not much quicker than the 6 core) with quad core PC slaves and I get a really big load so something is amiss.  

You should try 7.24 on DP. What does the activity monitor on the Mac and the CPU meter in DP tell you?  

• .....actually thinking about this, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the quad slave that's underpowered and causing trouble. The old Mac quad core's weren't very fast and the quads I use are PC i7's which are quite fast. See what Activity monitor says on both machines in terms of %CPU / Threads / RAM adn that might point you in teh right direction.

I presume you are running in server mode as opposed to standalone? What buffer setting are you running inside VSL and for your soundcard on the main Mac? Are you running the new MIDI insert plugins? They're great but really chew up CPU!