Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Updated, now instruments won't load

Hi, I just updated from V.Instr and V.Ens v2 to v4 (build 3452). Yes, it's been a while! I waited this long because there are always issues with updates with almost any software and I never update mid-project because that could potentially wreak havoc! The problem is that when I load a previously saved project, the V.Ens instance is now completely empty. Which means i have to manually add back all the instruments and settings. Is there a work around for this? Any newly saved projects open fine. System: Cubase4 Windows7 Ultimate Vienna SE V.Ins & V.Ens are hosted on a Winxp machine over FXTeleport Thanks! Dino

• I Have exactly the same problem as you. Something strange has gone on with mine. Where with the last update V2 i had the new interface window. I seem to be back to the older interface window again. It's a nightmare because I'm in the middle of a project. Did you have any luck?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi guys,

Please install the latest VI PRO again, and it will appear in VE PRO!

VI PRO now needs to be installed separately to show up in VE PRO, thatĀ“s all.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul, Thanks for your reply but the issue doesn't involve VIPro. It involves Vienna Instruments and Vienna Ensemble v4. Cubase sequences with patches saved in v2. don't show up in v.4. Is there a fix or workaround? Thanks, Dino

• I just updated my VI Pro to 2 - now it does not work in VE Pro - only as a separate vst in my host, which is no good for my slave, and not too cool for the host either. I have not updated VE Pro to 5 - do I need to ? thanks, Mike

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Mike,

Please get the latest version of VE PRO 4, then install the latest version of VI PRO 2.

Best,

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Dino,

Did you also install the latest version of VE? That should make it work!

Best,

Paul

• Hi Paul, Yes, everything is up to date now. As mentioned, if I resave a Cubase sequence now I'm good to go. It's only when I open a past project saved with v.2 of V.Instr and V.Ens that there is a problem. Thanks!

• Hi Paul, Thanks very much, that has worked for me. Best wishes, Mike

• Hi Dinosound, 

I cannot reproduce this here at the moment. Would you like to send one of these "older" Cubase projects to , so that I can take a look?

Best, 

Paul

• Hi Paul. Im on Logic 9 here and still having problems. You said to dowload VI Pro but when I go to the dowload page I only have links to the manuals etc not the application. Now when I load a Logic song that had an instance of VE Pro loaded the VE Pro Server jumps in the dock and I get : eLicenser Control - Error Attention. If you cancel this operation the application might crash This message flickers on and off like mad. I have downloaded the latest elicenser control software but when I update it hangs and then comes up with the message : Updating eLicenser License Database A Commuinication problem occured while accessing the license server. Please try again after downloading and installing the latest version of the eLicenser Control software from or contact your software vendor's support department in case the problem persists.

• Hello Steffrhys, 

Please include a little more information, like your OS, your computer specs....

You have not purchased VI PRO yet, and you donĀ“t have a demo license, which is why you donĀ“t see the software in your User Area. 

IĀ“m afraid that the different topics get a bit mixed up here. The best idea is to contact us directly at , with as much information as you can give (screenshots, ways to reproduce any behaviour, and some thing you may have tried already to fix the problem). 

Thanks,

Paul