Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,245 users have contributed to 42,287 threads and 255,025 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• I started this thread because I was toying with the idea of buying in to MIR, and the positive reactions had got me as far as adding it to the next shopping list.

However (see my other thread elsewhere), it turns out that if your USB key fails and it's over 2 yrs old, VSL charge you €20 per license for a replacement. If you have 50 licenses, that's €1,000 just to use the software you've already bought. So in view if this awful policy, I'm certainly NOT buying anything else by VSL unless I really feel that there's no alternative.

(This hidden policy came to light when my USB key recently failed).

• How much will it cost to me with all the licences I have, SE, SE + Appassionata, 99 % of all the instruments download, MIR, VEP 5, VI 2 ????

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

How much will it cost to me with all the licences I have, SE, SE + Appassionata, 99 % of all the instruments download, MIR, VEP 5, VI 2 ????

well who knows whether they charge €20 for separate instrument licenses, I have no idea. They asked for that for my VE PRO and VI PRO licenses. either way I think someone from VSL ought to say hello and explain exactly what people have to pay for what, so they can make an informed decision what to do instead of getting caught out ...!

• In a nutshell: you better believe its worth the money.

• last edited
    last edited

@goran_tsch said:

In a nutshell: you better believe its worth the money.

+1 - best investment I've done during the last few years!

Marco