Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,398 users have contributed to 42,225 threads and 254,779 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• yes, so far so good, but the point is its very inconsistent. The metaphor is just a figure of speech - i.e., waiting for the other shoe to drop = until it stops working again later this afternooon or tomorrow morning. That's been my experience with VEPRO 5 - very stable on the days I can actually launch the server without spending 45 minutes troubleshooting why it won't launch - but its 50/50 whether or it launches without problems arising from the licenser. I'm just wondering if there is anything else that could cause this problem other than the vienna suite, e.g., bad vienna keys, elicenser server problems, etc., etc...

• Hi, 

Thanks for the explanation. If you donĀ“t get any other error messages, you should be fine.

Whenever you get an error message, it often helps to unplug the key and plug it back in (the power support on various USB ports can be a bit tricky at times). 

Let me know if it happens again, best to contact , with a reference to this thread and the basic information about your system. Screenshots will also help. 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Solved it

• Hello,

I have the same problem as chris_3594 :

"Application 'Vienna Instruments PRO' has caused the following error:

eLicenser(s) contain(s) no valid license for this application.

etc."

I made sure that I installed the latest versions of :

- eLicense Control Center (eLC Version 6.7.0.5140 installed today)

- Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 (Version 5.3.13045)

- Vienna Instruments (not Pro) (Version 5.3.12844)

- Dimension Strings (latest update installed today)

And I also tried to repair disk permissions.

There are few strange things :

- It only occurs with Sibelius Presets, no issue with the Patches, Matrices or non-Sibelius Presets

- I made sure that I selected VI Presets (I don't own Vienna Instruments Pro and VI Pro Presets are not available)

- it doesn't happen with the Single Instruments Woodwinds Sibelius Presets (I tried with each of the 10 SI Woodwinds I own, no problem)

- the problem occurs when I try to load the Sibelius Presets for Cello groups (G1, G2) and individual players (P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6), Violas groups and individual players and Violins individual players, but NOT with violin groups !!!

Please, help !

Clem

• Hello Clem, 

Did you try to uninstall Vienna Suite?

If that didnĀ“t work: Which OS are you working on, and what exactly does the error message say (you stopped at the interesting part)?

Best, 

Paul

• Hello Paul,

The error message is exactly the same as chris_3594's :

"Application 'Vienna Instruments PRO' has caused the following error:  

eLicenser(s) contain(s) no valid license for this application.

Options: 

- For troubleshooting information click <Help>. 

- Click <Licenses> to view available licenses. 

- Connect a valid eLicenser and click <Retry>. 

- Click <Cancel> to abort."

After canceling, it says that it is impossible to find a valid license

I work on OSX 10.8.5. Do you suggest upgrading to Mavericks (10.9.1) ? I am not sure all my softwares/plugins/etc are compatible...

I don't own Vienna Suite and haven't tried the demo yet. Also tried to uninstall/reinstall VEP5, VI and the Sibelius-presets but the Dimension Violin Groups (G1 & G2) Sibelius-presets are still the only Dimension Strings Sibelius-presets I can load.

• Hi, 

Then it is that your presets have been stored with VI PRO. 

When saved in VI PRO, presets cannot be opened in VI.

Best,

Paul 

• Hi,

Thanks for you answer ! That makes sense.

So, I'll be patient. Planning to buy VI Pro quite soon...

Best,

Clem