Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• ViPro 2 APP Sequencer - Starting from scratch confusion... available sequencer tracks

Hi VSL Team!  I've been exploring the new features in ViPro 2 and am loving the new features and capabilities that have been added.  Great stuff - congrats. 

One thing that I noticed as I was going through the APP sequencer (following Paul's video tutorial), and activating sequencer mode as he had, was that Paul had 12 sequencer tracks available, and I only had one (I just had one patch loaded, not a matrix).  It took me the longest time to figure out that I had to expand the matrix grid in the Basic or Advanced view in order for more sequencer tracks to become available.  I figured I had to copy the first track, but it wouldn't paste -- it was confusing, and not intuitive.  

In the manual, on page 28 it states "The Sequence Names will show up in the Y-Axis of the Matrix View (see below)"....   However, when I looked at it, the Y-axis names do not match the Sequencer track names, so I didn't really understand what was being said.  Maybe this could be pointed out specifically in the video tutorial, since this is the only tutorial available on how to start using the APP sequencer.  It would also be nice to have a step-by-step run-through in the manual.

Anyway, this is just a suggestion to maybe help some others avoid the confusion that I had. This is such a great piece of software, and the expressive possibilites that you guys have added are just great!  

Best,

Greg