Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Use of Event Input- just to clarify (in DP)

Hello,

Just wanted to clarify how to use this new 'Event Input' plug to work around the AU 16 midi channel limitation.. I just don't want to be guessing while I rebuild my 300+ midi channel template. (plus I only have 3 days to do it)

So i'm on Pg. 17 of the manual. I'm using DP7.24 btw. 3 Mac Pros, 1 Master, 2 Slaves. Hoping to be all VEP Server..

First question: Do you create a midi track to put this plugin on? or is it an instrument track? or other?

So it seems that when I create a track and put this 'Event Input' plug on it, I assign it a midi number 1,2,3, etc. then connect it to the instance of VE Pro server that I want. From what I understand when it says "Midi Input 1", it's opening a 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, ... 1-16. "Midi input 2" opens 2-1, 2-2, ...2-16. Correct?

Can I then, make a midi track in DP, and in the Outputs, will it say something like 'Vienna Ensemble Pro 1-1, 1-2, etc..' ..and if I make another Event Input and assign it to midi input 2, will it give me the option of choosing "Vienna Ensemble Pro 2-1, 2-2, etc.."?

If so, awesome! it seems then I can just stash away all those Event Input plugs in a track folder and forget about them. right?

Final question: can you name these Event Input plugins? i.e. - Kontakt Strings (being midi channel 1-1, ..1-16), Gplayer Horns (2-1,...2-16), Omnisphere (3-1,...3-16) ??

If all this is true, i am going to be one happy camper!! if not.. well i'll have to go back to the drawing board on my template.. :/

Thank you very much for the help!

~J

• last edited
    last edited

@J111111 said:

First question: Do you create a midi track to put this plugin on? or is it an instrument track? or other?

re-reading the manual - pg.16 I answered my own question.. - Instrument track it is!

I'm still curious about the rest.

Thanks!