Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• plugin paths / lists

I setup 3 plugin paths:

G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32
    (contains ALL VST2 x32 plugins)

G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32 wo x64 jBridge
    (contains VST2 x32 plugins without a x64 version, jBridged to x64)

G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x64
    (contains ALL VST2 x64 plugins)

In VE Pro x32, on adding a VSTi channel (or adding a insert fx), I get a menu with all plugins in G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32:

In VE Pro x64, on adding a VSTi channel (or adding a insert fx), I get a menu with all plugins in G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x64 AND a submenu, reflecting the directory structure of G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32 wo x64 jBridge:

This is really disturbing! I want to have all x64 plugins in ONE menu (or better, in ONE scrollable list). Would this be possible?

•  What folders have you set in the 64bit server Preferences?

DG

• what do you mean? There eventually is only ONE VST-Paths-Preference, valid for both x32 and x64 instances of VE PRO. You set ALL paths up in any instance, but only plugs of the same architecture as the VE Pro instance are available... You do NOT set up different paths within the x32 or x64 VE Pro instances. You setup all paths to all plugs of all architectures in any VE Pro instance...

• Ah yes sorry, I'd forgotten that both servers share the same Prefs. In which case I must assume it is the way that you've set up the folders that is causing this issue.

DG

• some details:

I have two folder for native plugins:
    G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Native\VST2 x32\(vendor)/(plugin)/xxx.dll
    and G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Native\VST2 x64\(vendor)/(plugin)/xxx.dll

I use Novation Automap and automap every plugin. Automap creates a "xxx (Automap).dll" for every "xxx.dll" in the same folder as the xxx.dll.

I copy ALL "*(Automap).dll*" files of folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Native\VST2 x32\ to folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32\ (this Automap\VST2 x32\ folder doesn't have any subdirectories)

I copy ALL "*(Automap).dll*" files of folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Native\VST2 x64\ to folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x64\ (this Automap\VST2 x64\ folder doesn't have any subdirectories)

I copy ALL files in folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32\ to folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32 wo x64\
    I copy ALL files in folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x64\ to folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32 wo x64, overwriting existing files. All copied files (x64) are marked in the windows explorer. I -mark additional plugs which are x32 plugs for a already marked x64 plug (for example "Tyrell(x64).dll" gets marked, I -mark "Tyrell.dll"
    , too. The I delete all marked files, thus the folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32 wo x64\ contains only automapped x32 plugins which doesn't have a x64 version.

Then I run jBridger to bridge these x32-plugs to x64. jBridge creates a "xxx (Automap).64.dll" and a "xxx (Automap).64.txt" (with the path to the original x32-plugin) in folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32 wo x64 jBridge\ for every "xxx (Automap).dll" of folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32 wo x64\

However, there are 3 relevant paths for VST hosts:

G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32
    (contains only "xxx (Automap).dll" files (x32 plugin dlls), no subdirectories)

G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32 wo x64 jBridge
    (contains only "xxx (Automap).64.dll" files (x64 plugin dlls) and "xxx (Automap).64.txt" files (containing the path to the x32-plugin), no subdirectories)

G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x64
    (contains only "xxx (Automap).dll" files (x64 plugin dlls), no subdirectories)

This is what I'd done after a fresh installation of VE Pro 5:

1) start VE Pro standalone x64, head over to preferences->plugins
    2) add folder: "G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32
    VE Pro x64 scans the folder. As these all are x32 and I'm running VE Pro x64, the scan is quite fast, it doesn't really scan the files for proper VST plugins
    3) add folder: "G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32 wo x64 jBridge
    VE Pro x64 scans the folder. These all are x64 plugs (jBridged from x32). VE Pro scans all files for proper plugins
    When I NOW quit the preferences and add a VSTi channel, I get a submenu-list of all these plugins, without any subfolder entries as seen in picture 2 above.
    4) add folder: "G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x64
    VE Pro x64 scans this folder. These all are x64 plugs. VE Pro scans all files for proper plugins
    When I NOW quit the preferences and add a VSTi channel, I get a submenu-list of all plugins in this last scanned folder G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x64, along with a submenu entry for the path G:\Library\VST2 PlugIns\Automap\VST2 x32 wo x64 jBridge, as seen in picture 2 above.

So, all I did was adding one folder after the other, to VE Pros plugin paths... What do you mean with "assume it is the way that you've set up the folders that is causing this issue"?

Have I done something wrong? What?

may be a developer can shed some light on this issue? How is the plugin submenu on "add VSTi channel" build exactly, when multiple VST plugin paths are set up?

• Looks like you stumbled on a bug in the menu creation code there. I'll have it fixed asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Thank you! Maybe you consider redesigning array presentation with a scrollable list dialog window, instead of endless (sub)menu entries cluttering screen real estate? I know it's a little bit more work than building menus, but please consider it. I so much like the way the I/O selection in the channel strip is done... ;)