Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• How do I get my viframe64 to load into MIR Pro?

I'm trying to demo MIR Pro, but I cannot get any of my existing viframes to load to use with MIR Pro.

MIR Pro seems to only work if I create new channels, so I am having to save all my VI Pro instances as presets, then recreate all the channels and load the presets in one by one, Is this really how it works? It will take me hours and hours to make MIR Pro work this way...

• Sorry, I don't quite understand the question. If you load your Viframes in VE Pro 5, they should load exactly the same as if you load them in VE Pro 4. If you want to use MIR, then just insert the MIR plug on the respective mixer channels. Or have I misunderstood something?

DG

•  Yes, the viframes load OK, they just don't use MIR.  MIR is new to me, and I have no idea how it internally works, and the manual doesn't tell me anything, so I had no idea that MIR is just an insert effect.

So I insert each channel strip with MIR and that then brings MIR in, but I still have to tell each channel what the instrument is, you cannot seem to set "GUESS INSTRUMENT" as the default setting - so I have to tell MIR what every instrument is, if it only could default to GUESS it would be so much quicker. 

So I assume therefore, that there is no convert viframe64 to viframe using MIR, I still have to adjust each channel by inserting MIR and setting the instrument right on every channel for every viframe?   

It would seem so easy to automate this with a global command - that is what I was looking for, a simple insert MIR into each channel and set to GUESS instrument,  or is there?

•  Yes, that is the correct way to do it. Use MIR as an insert and set the Instrument and positioning yourself. It is a little bit time consuming, but it shouldn't take more than a few seconds for each instrument. I estimate 6 clicks and then position the instrument. In fact if you just Alt drag the MIR insert to all your channels in the mixer first, that will save even more time.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

[...]

So I insert each channel strip with MIR and that then brings MIR in, but I still have to tell each channel what the instrument is, you cannot seem to set "GUESS INSTRUMENT" as the default setting - so I have to tell MIR what every instrument is, if it only could default to GUESS it would be so much quicker. 

[...]

It would seem so easy to automate this with a global command - that is what I was looking for, a simple insert MIR into each channel and set to GUESS instrument,  or is there?

Just select as many Icons on a stage as you want by selecting them with the mouse while holding Shift (you can also "lasso-select" them), then right-click one of the selected Icons and GUESS all of them simultanously. - You have to use VI Pro 2 to make this happen.

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Ah yes, lasso all of them - that is the sort of global thing I meant, that saved a lot of time.

Creating new templates is straight forward enough, it was just converting existing ones that was causing the grief. Now I have got my working template all set up, all I need to do is load the viframe.

After a lot of clicking, I finally got to hit play, and WOW ! it sounds amazing,  I had already set my Cubase mix up with appropriate panning, levels and reverb depth (Vienna Suite convolution reverb), so it was already sounding good,  but just using a stereo pair into cubase and adding MIR Pro,  just sounded so much more real.

Just reaching for the credit card now ..........