Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,358 users have contributed to 42,391 threads and 255,494 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 67 new user(s).

  • MIR Roompacks

    Hi!  

    The manual states that the roompacks have been completely overhauled. Is it necessery to redownload the roompacks?

    Thank you!
    -tom


  • This is a good question because the file dates in my user area for the roompacks are updated to within the last few days.  What say you Dietz and team :)?  Shall we start dimming the lights on the internet bandwidth?

    Maestro2be


  • Can we only demo one room in the room pack?  I installed the room pack 2 trial and only one shows up.  I am more interested in the Teldex room.  I am not buying something I can't hear or demo.

    thanks


  • Hi, 

    Yes, please download and install the latest RoomPacks!

    Animus: Yes, there is only one room available in the Trial RoomPack. I am not aware of a "RoomPack 2 Trial", what are you referring to? The problem with opening the gates for everyone to download all our data for free (when checking with demo licenses) is pretty obvious: Our servers would probably break down, or the download speed would at least get inacceptable.

    There will be more demos soon, that will help with your decision. 

    Best, 

    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi VSL

    Many thanks for free upgrade to VI 2[;)]

    I did not find introductory offer for user that does not have MIR.[^]

    What rooms are delivered with MIR PRO ?

    Is there is a MIR PRO SE planned ?

    Is it possible to pay MIR PRO in 2 or 3 times ?

    Best

    Cyril


    MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

    Hi Cyril,

    It´s actually VI PRO 2.... you´re welcome [:)]

    Here is more information about the upgrade/purchase options for MIR PRO.

    The same information for VE PRO.

    There is no introductory price for MIR PRO.

    MIR PRO comes with "Roompack 1, Vienna Konzerthaus", just as described on the MIR PRO product page.

    A MIR PRO SE is being discussed, but there is no schedule yet.

    It is not possible to purchase any of our products by installments.

    Best,

    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

    thanks Paul,

    I was talking about R00_MIR_TrialRoomPack-r263.  Guess I was confused that it was for the roompack2.

    @Paul said:

    Hi, 

    Yes, please download and install the latest RoomPacks!

    Animus: Yes, there is only one room available in the Trial RoomPack. I am not aware of a "RoomPack 2 Trial", what are you referring to? The problem with opening the gates for everyone to download all our data for free (when checking with demo licenses) is pretty obvious: Our servers would probably break down, or the download speed would at least get inacceptable.

    There will be more demos soon, that will help with your decision. 

    Best, 

    Paul


  • Hi Animus, 

    No problem - there are different versions of the RoomPacks, we´re always improving the content and adapting it to new software like VE PRO 5 / MIR PRO. 

    Best, 

    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul, I downloaded MIR Pro+ R00_MIR_TrialRoomPack-r263.vsldownload, but when I placed it inLibrary/App support/VSL/Vienna MIR, it does not get picked up by MIR PRO Please advice,Thank you

  • You have to install it with the Library Installer app in the Vienna Ensemble folder, after of course you download it with Download Manager.


  • last edited
    last edited

    @cgernaey said:

    This is a good question because the file dates in my user area for the roompacks are updated to within the last few days.  What say you Dietz and team 😊?  Shall we start dimming the lights on the internet bandwidth?

    Maestro2be

    *LOL* ... you've made my day. :-))

    ... content-wise, there's not so much diffference to the versions that were already available for "legacy" Vienna MIR, but there are many other-aspects that we have fine-tuned during the last few weeks, so it might be a good idea to start with a fresh install of all RoomPacks for MIR Pro.


    /Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

    @Animus said:

    Can we only demo one room in the room pack?  I installed the room pack 2 trial and only one shows up.  I am more interested in the Teldex room.  I am not buying something I can't hear or demo.

    thanks

    All of the "Previews" that are part of the Venue Selection dialog are available online, too:

    -> http://www.vsl.co.at/en/211/497/1687/364/1929/1581.htm

    Apart from that, there are quite a few demos done with Teldex Berlin you could listen to, for example Star Wars - Main Theme by John Williams (in the version of Jay Bacal).

    (... and if you allow for a personal side-note: I think that Teldex  Berlin is one of the most versatile and best-sounding Venues MIR Pro has to offer. 😊 ...)

    HTH,


    /Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • thanks Herb.  Yeah I finally noticed those demos.  Were they just put up last night?  Yeah I love Teldex.  I have been thinking about getting it since I love Mixosaurus drums which was recording there and it would be nice to put the whole band in there so to speak. :-)

    One thing I would kill for  is a MIR capture of AIR Lyndhurst!  I apparently heard they don't allowing impulsing .  But you need to go beg them and offer some substantial licensing royalties or something.  :-)