Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Sibelius and Vienna Instruments Articulations

S.O.S. Can Andy or anyone help?

Old Scores from Sibelius 4 and 5 does not trigger Vienna Instrument Articulations (Symphonic Cube) in Sibelius 6.2. Some old scores may work with Vienna Special Edition articulations.Newly set up  scores seems like working initially.In all cases I tried both Sib.presets for VE and VI presets.

All VE, VI Pro software,VI Libraries,Sib.Sound Sets and House Style updated. 

1. Regarding Sibelius Sound Sets provided by VSL; are they meant to work only with Vienna Special Edition?

2. What would be the way to make Vienna articulations and expressions respond to scores that I started with Sib,4 or 5 and still continue?

3.Would there be similar problems for the old Sib. scores if I update to Sib 7 in connection with Vienna Instruments?

4. Do I have to use Sib. Sound sets? What is the way using patches triggered and changed directly from the Sibelius score using Vienna Instruments instead of Sib. Sound Sets.I read and applied "Optimizing Sibelius" article.

MAC Intel 3.2 Quad ,OS 10.6.8(Snow L), 10 GB RAM

Dedicated external drive for VSL sounds

• Hello hagopd!

1.) We have Sibelius sound sets for almost all of our collections. They can be downloaded here:
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/141/460/576/655.htm
    Please notice, that you have to be logged in to see the sound sets.

2.) Normally it should be enough to create a Playback Configuration with Vienna Ensemble and the according sound set(s). In order to get the best results, you might have to tweak the score a bit. For more details I recommend checking out the "Optimizing Sibelius Playback" manual. It can be downloaded at the same location as the sound sets.

3.) I didn't have such problems yet, but Sibelius 7 isn't very different than Sibelius 6, as far as playback is concerned.

4.) You don't have to use the sound sets. It's also possible to change articulations with MIDI commands. How to create MIDI commands with Sibelius can be found in the Sibelius Reference.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Andi

Can you please tell me your opinion where my mistakes might be.

I have scores(for symphonic orchestra) that I started in 2008 with previous versions of Sib. and still continue to write. I cannot make Sib. change articulations in (i.e. no pizz) in VI software. I have Sib. presets listed as follows in VI right coloumn after the list of original Vienna Presets:

Full choir AA+UU (and each voice)

B1 brass Series Inst L1 and L2

B2 brass series Inst L1 and L2 ( ex. B2-03 Horn Triple L2)

Percussion-Mallet List

Sax series

Sib_AS (Bassi,Celli.Viola Violin)

Sib_CS (Bassi,Celli,Viola,Violin)

Sib_Chamb Str (Bassi,Celli,Viola,Violin)

Sib_OS (Bassi,Celli,Viola,Violin)

Sib_OrchStr (Bassi,Celli,Viola,Violin)

Sib_SS (Bassi,Celli,Viola,Violin)

Sib_SoloStr (Bassi,Celli,Viola,Violin)

Drums,Bells etc.

W1-Woodwind Series (Flute,Oboe,Cl,Bassoon)

W2-Woodwind Series (Flute,Oboe,Cl,Bassoon)

W3-Woodwind Series (Bass Flute, Oboe d'Amore etc.)

MAC Intel 3.2 Quad ,OS 10.6.8(Snow L), 10 GB RAM

Dedicated external drive for VSL sounds 

• Hello Theo!

I can see from your list, that you have the presets of the old strings sound sets and the new strings sound set in your Custom Data folder. They are not compatible. If you are using the latest strings sound set (VE Strings), then you will have to use the VI presets, that came with this sound set - the ones where the name of the collection is abbreviated with two letters (Sib_SS, Sib_CS, Sib_OS, Sib_AS).

The "Chamber", "Orchestral" and "Appassionata" programs only work correctly, when the corresponding instruments, that are included with the "Vienna Symphonic Library" House Style (v.1.6 or higher), are used in Sibelius. If you use the normal Sibelius instruments for string ensembles (Violin 1, Violin 2, Violin I, Violin II, Viola, Violoncello, Contrabass, Double Bass), please use the "Ensemble" programs on the Manual Sound Sets page.

I hope this helps.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on