Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Steinberg or Vienna key?

Not that I wish to start up any more pointless discussions about licences, but O was looking to buy a couple of new dongles, so that I can make sure the ones I use are always under warranty. However I found a big disparity between the price of a Steinberg Key and a Vienna Key:

£14.82  vs Â£24.99  [:O]

I thought that they were the same thing? If I'm right, it is very important that users understand that, so that they don't feel ripped off when the price difference comes to light.

DG

•  I think the RRP of the Steinberg key is £20 and the Vienna Key is 24Euros, which is about £21.  There are some dealers discounting the Steinberg key and the same dealers seem to be charging more than RRP for the vienna key.

My Vienna Key is a cool purple colour, and as my Steinberg key is blue it is always obvious which is which, but I guess the colour of the keys do vary.  But I am sure they are exactly the same thing.

• I don't really care about the colour of anything that is going to be rammed into my back slot. [:O]

So 3 new Steinberg keys it is then. [8-|]

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

I don't really care about the colour of anything that is going to be rammed into my back slot.

DG

Careful! You could get a lot of PM's on that one for all the wrong reasons.  [:P]

• Hi DG,

I can confirm that ViennaKeys and Steinberg Keys are the same thing. BTW, our MSRP on the Vienna Key in Pound sterling is £20.
    Best wishes,

Stefan