Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Inspiration presets

Hi there,

I'm wondering if I'm missing something...

I'm trying to "listen" (just being curious) to these presets, trying to load them into Cubase 6. So, I open Cubase, load any project for Cubase (obviously) among these presets. Everything shows up.

But, as soon as I hit the key in order to let Cubase "playing" those files, I hear no sound. Inside VIPro the "VU meters" go up and down, showing the signal is there. The same inside Cubase. Nevertheless, no sound heard.

I checked the software and all the possible hardware (mixer, amplifier, faders, knobs, monitors...). Everything works spot on. 

Should I , perchance, follow a sort of "obliged" order to be able of hearing Cubase playing those marvellous melodies?.....

Let's say: first open this, then that...etc, etc...?

Any helps is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!

• Hi Miki, 

You´ll need the Special Edition, of course. So far, you have not registered it....

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • If you see action in Cubase then you have a routing error. Probably something to do with Control Room, assuming it is not something even simpler. [;)]

What meters/channels are you seeing?

DG

• Hi there,

thanks for your prompt replies! In Cubase (this yesterday, though) was the master and channel output meters, but I think I've messed about a bit...

Now something else happens: I load "Majestic Brass" as midi files into Cubase6 but when I open VIPro and try to load "Vienna Dimension Brass", no loading happens and all knobs and controls in VIPro are blank. Keyboard is grey...

I understand I do need something which I currently do not own...(please give me time 'cause I've already got EW Platinum Plus + LA scoring Strings + Sordino Legato + Session Strings Pro...), but why nothing loads into VIPro, although just midi files are loaded?

Thanks a lot for your help!

P.S.: forgive my ignorance, what's Special Edition?

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Miki,

This is the Special Edition.

The "SPECIAL EDITION Inspiration Presets" were designed for "just" the Special Edition, not for other VI Collections.

Of course the MIDI will work with any samples, but you will only hear the intended result when you have the Special Edition available.

When you cannot load your Dimension Brass: Which preset, matrix or patch are you actually loading?

I see that you just recently added Dimension Brass to your sample collection.

Did you check out the VI PRO videos yet?

And there is an ADDITIONAL VI PRO video for the Dimension Brass.

Best,

Paul

• Thanks a lot, Paul.

I understand it was my fault, because I wasn't very attentive...

When you cannot load your Dimension Brass: Which preset, matrix or patch are you actually loading?

It was a patch.

Sorry, I'm composing this message from a different computer and I cannot be more specific, also because VSL are completely different from all other libraries I own, so...

I'll have a look at the ADDITIONAL VI PRO video for VDB.

All the best.

• Hi Miki, 

No worries. There is always a lot to learn with  new products, but it really pays off [:)]

Best, 

Paul