Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VE Pro - Installation

Hello, Great product - by the way! I am using the demo while I await my software. Does the Master computer require the use of the dongle for installation of the vst only? Then, once installed and tested, you move the key to the Slave computer and install VE Pro on it? When I installed VE Pro on the Master computer without the dongle, I received an error that the .dll was not correct. After I installed the dongle all went as expected. The manual is somewhat unclear if the Master computer requires the key during installation of the VST only. Please advise and thank you for your assistance. mr_es335

• Yes you need to have the dongle attached to install the software. You also need it to be attached when you save Preferences, which need to be identical on both machines.

Once your software arrives I would suggest that you get another, spare dongle. You automatically get 3 VE Pro licences, so you could install one of them on the spare and then not have to worry about plugging and unplugging if you need to change your Preferences for some reason.

DG

• Hello, Thanks you DG for your reply. I was under the impression that if I use VE Pro as a VST only on the Master (sequencer), then I would not require a key for that system. If this not true? I am not sure I understand about the preferences you mention. Are there preferences within the actual VST located on the Master that need to be saved? Are you saying that if there are, that I need the dongle attached to the Master to save these preferences? Thank you again. mr_e335

• Hello, As a side note...when you install VE Pro on a clean system with no Visual C++ Runtime, I receive an error. The install completes but I need to run the install again so that the error message no longer appears. If I install Visual C++ ahead of time, I no longer see the error. It appears that both DotNet 2.0 and Visual C++ 2008 are required for installation of the dongle and VE Pro? Am I correct? mr_es335

• last edited
    last edited

@mr-es335 said:

Hello, Thanks you DG for your reply. I was under the impression that if I use VE Pro as a VST only on the Master (sequencer), then I would not require a key for that system. If this not true? I am not sure I understand about the preferences you mention. Are there preferences within the actual VST located on the Master that need to be saved? Are you saying that if there are, that I need the dongle attached to the Master to save these preferences? Thank you again. mr_e335

Sorry for not being clear.

1. You need the dongle attached to install VE Pro
    2. You do not need the dongle attached to run VE Pro, as long as you don't want to run any instruments.
    3. The Preferences are saved via the server interface, which you must load up on the DAW after installation, before you banish your dongle to the slave. You need the dongle attached before you can even open the server to save the Preferences.

DG

• You don't need the dongle attached to install VE Pro, but you do need it to run the VE Pro standalone or Server application. The VE Pro plugin doesn't require a license.

• Hello, Here is what I have (as a test system only): Windows XP SP2 * No DotNet 2.0 * No Visual C++ 2008 Runtime VE Pro installer: ViennaEnsemblePro-WIN-4.1.8861 PS: I have two screen captures of the errors I get....how do I upload these? Installation Error #1: This is the error that is generated as to what I beleive to be no installation of the Visual C++ 2008 Runtime. If I install the runtime beforehand, I do not see this error. Error 2: This is what I see when I install VE Pro as a VST to be used on the Master (DAW) computer (without installing the dongle or the eLicenser software). Note: I have to install the dongle plus the eLicenserControlSetup app to not see this error. When I do install this software, I can remove the dongle and the VST works as expected. Again, I was under the impression that I did not need to install the dongle or the eLicenser software to use the VST only version of VE Pro on the DAW.

• Hi, 

Please send this report and screenshots to

Thanks, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hello, Thank you very much...it has been sent.