Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Soprano choir articulations

I just downloaded the Soprano Choir, but I'm having trouble accessing the "ra", "sa", and "ta" articulations in VI Pro. All of the other articulations work fine; it's just that the "BasicMatrix AA" has only the same six cells as the "BasicMatrix UU", without the additional consonant staccato articulations. Have I missed something?

Thanks,

Brian

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Brian,

the Soprano Choir was recorded before the Vienna Choir. It doesn´t have the additional sillables.

Here is a sample content overview. And the Library Manual can be found here.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply.

I must be misunderstanding the sample content overview and the Library Manual, both of which state that the Soprano Choir includes staccato notes on "aa", "ra", "sa", and "ta". Is this a mistake, or have I misunderstood what that is supposed to mean?

Best,

Brian

•  Hi Brian,

the  "ra", "sa", and "ta" patches are available in the patch browser. In the VSL factory matrix files they ar not included (to keep "A and "U" matrix consistent. But of course you can add these patches to your Matrix or Preset  whenever you need them.

best

Herb

• Hi Herb,

Thank you very much for helping me sort that out. I should have known to look more closely at patch browser.

Best Regards,

Brian