Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• What freebie?

What's the most articulate mid-low wind instrument? I need a freebee after purchsing Imperial. No strings are available, and I have the French horn and piccolo. Plus Dim brass and the SEE+ of course.

My goal is to ask what is very articulate in the mid-lower wind range? Fast hopefully and articulate.

THANKS GUYS:)

For $80-$150 it is nice to have one solo brass instrument, no?

• I would take either cor anglais or bass clarinet (goes much deeper then cor anglais, but is still very agile even in the deepest register). If you are looking for something a bit more exotic - why not heckelphone? ;-)

You are asking for wood, right?

• I THINK I'm asking for a wood. But there's also one instrument Horst is famous for, but I can't remember what it is. Not articulate, but beautiful:)

I don't have enough on the top end for wind articulations, just the piccolo (plus SEE+), so maybe the bass clarinet is it. I know I do love the sound of it, and very versatile:)

What's the difference, sonically, between the BC and Heckelphone? I'll go see!

• Did/done/do that. :) I guess it's a question of preferennce. I like all the VSL stuff. My bank hates me, but that's OK:)

I choose the Kenny G instrument, ie soprano sax standard. Very beautiful! Not in my SEE+ at all so a good buy:) And I cal make the piccolo and soprano sax duel it out. The piccolo will win:)

Shawn

• I'm enjoying the bass clarinet a lot. it has a fantastic high range and a decent articulations set... for a lot of articulation it's hard to beat the flugelhorn, and it's real expressive

• I like both instruments, but I 'hear' in higher registers (blame Steve Vai lol). It's actually an issue, my ears, hearing differently than many people. I've learned that anything I like needs to come down at least one octave, maybe two, to suit people.

Blame it on being a red head (doctors treat us differently) and left handed, and having ADHD. I'm a weirdo!

I moved my SEE+ Bosendorfer tracks to the Imperial, what a difference. The Imperial is incredibly expressive. I need to re-write my velocities entirely to make up for the fact that I'm not just banging on keys now!

• I just shared a piece that uses a real edgy synth in a piccolo flute role and some people seemed to think it was a problem of some kind. I still hear highs at 55, I'm luxuriating in overtones and resonance I think some people have a cut off filter for.