Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,917 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Shop not working ?

I keep trying to purchase VEP but every time I press buy it takes me to a kind of advert/offers page. I did get through to paypal one time and thought I had bought it but apparently not. Same thing happens with other items too.

Any ideas ?

thanks

• Lawler, I had the same issues a couple days ago.  There is a problem when trying to use Paypal that ended up generating an error - with an error message that Paypal could not process the transaction.  I emailed VSL about it, and they are looking into the problem.

What your post indicates is that the problem was not unique to me.

Depending on where you are located, and if you need VEP immediately, there are other options.  I was able to purchase the one item I was trying to buy through Ilio's website (in the USA), using Paypal.

<edit> Welcome to the VSL forums.

• lawlermusic, this sounds like some program (anti-virus, firewall or toolbar) prevents your browser from sending session-cookies which we need to keep you identified during your purchase - please allow browser-cookies at least for vsl.co.at.

sorry for the inconvenience ...

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

lawlermusic, this sounds like some program (anti-virus, firewall or toolbar) prevents your browser from sending session-cookies which we need to keep you identified during your purchase - please allow browser-cookies at least for vsl.co.at.

sorry for the inconvenience ...

Hi

I'm on a mac with no firewall or antivirus (in fact I've tried on several Macs. Checkout with Paypal sometimes goes to a German language Paypal which I can log into fine and press pay to which I get through to the page advertising the offers/discounts for Vienna instruments.Sometimes I get through to a half loaded paypal, other times just through to the offers page like before.

I tried paying with VISA and got through to the verified by visa stage where at first it told me my password was wrong, then it just said transaction failed. I did type in the correct passwords by the way 😉

Any more ideas how I can purchase the VEP download ?

• we can see a started order with PayPal but no started order with a credit card ... i'll ask our sales department if they can see an authorization for any of these and we can proceed manually. if not they will contact you via email.

what irritates me is you mention a *half loaded PayPal* and in german instead of your browser's language or your preferences in PayPal ... just an idea: logout (from VSL), clear your browser's cache, delete *.vsl.co.at cookies and start from scratch.

by selecting credit card as payment method we should at least see a started order with credit card (which appears to have worked for you last year).

btw: what OS- and browser-versions? just to double check from our side ...

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I've managed to order VEP from the Ilio website thanks. I just need to wait for a Vienna key before authorising.

FYI I was using Safari 5.05 on OSX 10.6.8