Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,614 users have contributed to 42,246 threads and 254,868 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Hopefully I can bring this topic back to the top here..

I have 2 Mac Pro Slaves, and 1 Master Mac Pro.  VEPro 5, DP7.24, 10.6.8, Dual Quads.

I don't do a lot of tempo changes often, but I have this project now where it calls for it.  I'm using Native Instruments Electric Piano at the moment.  And I have a tempo change from 112bpm to 113 to 114 over about 2 measures.  The EP is going through a Delay, but that doesn't matter.  It happens regardless to what plugin I have on it.

So when it goes over the tempo change there's a quick POP.  And it actually gets carried through the delay plugin.. so that tells me that it is popping before reaching DP?  

However, the intersting thing is that if I move the EP patch over to my other Mac Pro.  It doesn't pop during the tempo changes.  I've had this happen to me a few times with the same Mac Pro in Kontakt.  Popping over a tempo change, and moving that patch to the other computer solved the problem.

The only issue is that I have my EP licensed to 1 Mac pro.. not the other, so I'm running it in Demo mode right now.  I'm currently trying to figure out how to swap activations.. But still.. whats up with this??  Why is one machine handling the tempo change correctly, while the other isn't?  And it seems to be only very specific patches?  very odd..

Just seeing if anyone came up with a solution for this..  

Raising the buffer isn't a good solution for me, since 1) It's hard to play  .. and 2) DP7 hasn't properly compensated the latency, therefore it gets off the higher the buffer.  Also, i'm not pushing my computer too hard.. it should handle 256.

Many Thanks!!

~J