Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Routing Audio into VE PRO

I have set-up my template with all my kontakt libraries in VE Pro 64bit which receives midi from pro Tools and send back audio for bouncing.

However, since my FX plugins are mostly 32 bit, I cannot use them inside VE PRO64.
    So I was wondering, if it is possible to route the audio from VEP 64 into VEP 32 from where I can apply the FX plugins and route that back into Pro Tools for bouncing?

Thanks
    Jean Paul

•  Not in VEP 4, but it should be possible in VE Pro 5. However, that may mean that you have to use VEP standalone to get the audio out of it.

Edit. OK, I've  thought a bit more about this, and you could return the audio as usual from VEP 5 64bit, and then route it out of PT into VEP 5 32bit.

I would suggest that you contact these "32 bit only" FX developers, and find out for how much longer they are going to drag their feet over the 32 bit/64 bit issue. They might already have something in the works.

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

Not in VEP 4, but it should be possible in VE Pro 5. However, that may mean that you have to use VEP standalone to get the audio out of it.

Thanks Daryl.
    That will be good news for VEPro 5. I would route audio from VE PRO64 back into Pro Tools, and from their into VE PRO 32 to apply the FX. Can't wait to get it.

Re: the 32bit developers, I go through some forums and only see promises so far..no one is committing any dates for 64 bit. Its like Pro Tools dragging their feet with 64bit.

• last edited
    last edited

@Jean Paul said:

Re: the 32bit developers, I go through some forums and only see promises so far..no one is committing any dates for 64 bit. Its like Pro Tools dragging their feet with 64bit.

However, the good news on that front is that VEP doesn't load RTAS, so you may find 64bit VST versions of your plugs, even though Avid is a bit behind the times on this one.

DG

• Yes, Pro Tools is way behind when it comes to 64 bit. And thats supposed to be the 'industry standard'!!
    But I am stuck with it because I dont have any free time to learn another DAW software, eventhough I know Cubase is much more powerful when it comes to midi.

October is soon coming, and I cant wait to get VE PRo 5.
    JP

• PT is the Industry Standard for audio recording, and mostly that doesn't need 64bit. I also think that the transition to 64bit for PT users will be long and painful, but once you have VE Pro you won't have to worry about any of that. [;)]

DG

• Can someone confirm this I am still on version 4 but thinking of upgrading to 5 soon. You said it should be possible in version 5 but need confirmation. I really want to be able to route audio to VSL Pro so that I can have an instance of VSL server running simply for mastering plugins. In other words I want to be able to use Ableton just for VST instruments and then VSL Pro for the mastering FX. For example: Audio comes from the instruments tracks in Ableton then gets routed to VSL for mastering plugins then audio comes back into Ableton. So I can still make use of the send FX I have setup in Ableton Live. This way all send FX are applied to my tracks Post master.