Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] eLicenser Control - Error using convolution

Hello-

I just encountered a problem in VE Pro when trying to add the vsl convolution reverb. I have never had this problem before until today.I tried doing it in existing projects (where it has worked before) and new projects. I get the following error:

Application "Vienna Suite MCFACT' has caused the following error:

eLicenser(s) contain(s) no valid license for this application.

Options: , etc...

When I try to cancel or retry, clicking does not respond. The only way to exit VE Pro is to do a forced shutdown of the computer. I had always assumed that VE Pro included basic Vienna Suite components, such as conv reverb. Perhaps my trial ran out? It still wouldn't explain why I have to do a forced shutdown though.

Here are my specs: Imac 2.8 GHz Intel quad Core i7, 16GB Ram, Mac OS 10.6.8, DP 7.24

Any help is much appreciated.

• Were you actually using the trial version? If so I would say that your guess is correct, and your trial has run out. Solution. Don't try to use Vienna Suite again until you've paid for it. [;)]

However, I don't think that the trial comes as part of VE Pro, so if you didn't deliberately install the VS trial, then something else is going on. Perhaps you could confirm or deny.

DG

• Yea, I am pretty sure I installed the trial version. What threw me off was that I had the version for several months, at least 3, so I guess I thought that what I was using was part of the VE Pro package. How will this affect earlier projects where I utilized the conv reverb? Will I be able to repair this without purchasing the license for it?

• I would suggest that you contact support. They may be able to extend your trial so that you can finish the projects.

DG

• Thanks DG.

I contacted support and they were incredibly accomodating and understanding. Thanks to VSL for having great support!

Now, I need to get back to work so I can save up for the Suite. ;)