Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Newbie with 2 questions...

Hi everyone Im Jon, This is my first post on here and I'm hopeing on of the smart guys on here can help. Sometimes when I reload my Cubase project VEP doesn't remember to load up the various pluggins, as a result i have to activate it manually by connecting within Cubase instruments section and also by saving it as a multi within VEP, this I can live with, but my main problem is this... I have started a new project but I want to keep the previous projects VEP's multi from my previous track as a template but I also want to change a few things, however when I try to save this as a new template (in the 'save as' file menu within VEP the program) it switches itself off and disappears from the desktop. Thanks in advance. Jon

• Welcome Jon, 

Which OS and which versions of Cubase and VE PRO are you working with?

If you´re on OS X, do you get a crash report?

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul, First off thanks for responding it's appeciated. I use Windows 7 32 bit Cubase 6 (32 bit) on my main computer, on the vienna slave Windows 7 (64 bit) There are no crash reports as it simply shuts down and dispaears from the desktop like it was never there. Any ideas would be of great help. Best Jon

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Jon,

I assume that you are using the latest version of VE PRO. Please double-check!

You are talking about "various" plug-ins. Did you try to find out which one could be causing this behaviour?

That would be the first step to find out what´s going on.

Best,

Paul

• Hi paul, sorry about th delay I had to take a call. I'm using version 4.1.8008 The only pluggins i use are Kontack and the Play engine, i have no way of finding out which pluggin or whether VEP is the problem as there is no crash log, it simply shuts down?? Any Ideas? Thanks in advance, Jon

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Jon,

Please download and use the latest version of VE PRO, 4.1.8861

Then, delete all Kontakt instances and try to save (your Memory Server should be switched off).

Next step: delete all PLAY instances and try to save.

Does one of these two versions work?

Again, I assume that you are using the latest versions of Play and Kontakt, please check on the corresponding websites.

Best,

Paul