Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• How to I reset my ViennaKey for a new computer?

Hi,

I'm attempting to use the same Vienna key I registered for my old computer, but now on a new computer.

I know that you can only use one key per computer, but can I not delete the activation for my other computer and get a new activation code for my new computer using the same key?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

-Jason

• Huh? You don't need to delete anything. Just install the latest version of the eLicenser software on the new PC, plug your key in and you are set.

Obviously if you are running any samples you will need to deal with that aspect as well, because a key on an empty computer is not much use. [;)]

DG

• Thanks for the response DG. Unfortunately, that is what I had done and when I try to open V.I. Standalone it says it "quit unexpectedly." I'm thinking maybe because I downloaded the newer version of V.I. for my new OS(I only had V.I. 1.1 originally) that maybe my license is not good for the newer version of the software? Perhaps I need to purchase a license for the newer software?

• No, you have done it properly. You need the latest software for both VI and eLicenser. If that doesn't work, I suggest you contact support, because it could be some sort of hardware thing that is too detailed to try to fathom on a forum.

DG